NMSC AND DEVELOPMENTAL PATHWAYS
At NMSC, I am responsible for the design, development, and management of our client websites, video production, content strategy/digital marketing, and branding. Developmental Pathways, an organization that serves individuals with developmental disabilities and delays, is a large client of ours. After joining NMSC, I accomplished the following for NMSC and its clients:
- Redesigned websites and implemented document organization systems, which increased website management efficiency, improved page load times, improved user experience for those with developmental disabilities, and increased user engagement with the websites.
- Produced high quality videos for both internal and external clients, which has improved online visibility and increased video views
- Created and launched a social media campaign that increased followers by 157%, video views by 1265%, engagement by 423%, and our social media conversion rate by 700%.
- Improved branding strategies, including logo design and adherence to best practices
- Improve our low social media conversion rate
- Balance requests from stakeholders, in regards to the design, with the need for an improved user experience and making sure the site meets accessibility standards
- Improve the mobile experience for users
- Develop or re-develop logos to be responsive and functional on a variety of devices
Goal: To improve the user experience for an audience with developmental disabilities and delays, improve bounce rates, and increase conversion rates and page load speed, while balancing the requests of stakeholders to not make dramatic design changes.
Strategy: Using the current approved design as a base, I made strategic and significant design, layout and content changes to each page. I changed the design and content on the buttons and created new buttons, to give clearer direction, made every phone number a clickable link on the mobile site, created contact pages, making it easier for users to contact the right department, optimized all images and/or replaced them with vector designs or icons to improve page load speed, I created a document gallery to host the many documents that must legally be displayed on the site (this made updating the site much more efficient and improved the user experience significantly, allowing them to easily find the info they were looking for).
Results: Decreased bounce rate month-to-month, increased amount of visitors and an increased amount of time spent on informational pages, a social media conversion rate increase of 730%, due to a targeted social media campaign I designed.
Goal: To let people know know about SUN Foundation, an organization that raises funds for Developmental Pathways.
Strategy: I created a playful video featuring a young girl who talks about what SUN Foundation does, what her mom does for SUN, and how easy it is to help your community.
Goal: To improve the user experience and design for a B2B audience, improve bounce rates, and increase conversion rates and page load speed.
Strategy: Using the current approved design as a base, I made strategic and significant design, layout and content changes to each page. I added videos to the homepage and completely redesigned each services page to help potential clients find what they’re looking for (see before and after examples in gallery below)
Results: Decreased bounce rate month-to-month, increased amount of visitors and an increased amount of time spent on informational pages.
Goal: To encourage the best and most passionate candidates to apply to work at NMSC
Strategy: I created a fun, playful video that showcases the laid back, passionate, and community-service driven culture at NMSC. Employees talked about why they love their role and even shared their favorite guilty pleasure music.
Results: Top candidates have talked about this video as the reason they wanted to apply to NMSC.
Goal: To show other nonprofits the creative services we can offer them and what makes us unique!
Strategy: I created a video that features our leader talking about what makes our team unique while showing our work. We made the video as authentic and direct as possible because that’s who we are as a team.